Let’s be honest, the gym isn’t something that we all look forward to doing when we wake up in the morning but maybe we can make it just that little bit easier for you with our gym wear suggestions and top tips. If you’re looking for some gym appropriate clothing, Big Dude have got the suitable range of XL sportswear available to get you kitted up ready for your next gym session.
Gym Bag 1
- Slazenger Elite Sports Vest Black
- D555 Auto Black Sport Hoody
- Bigdude Signature Joggers Grey
- Comet Superlight Running Trainers
- The first outfit that BigDude have put together is perfect for going to the gym. A cool, lightweight vest top from Slazenger with stretch performance paired with Bigdude’s own signature brand joggers is an appropriate combination to keep you comfortable during your workout.
- Our joggers have an elasticated waistband with a drawstring so there is no need to worry about having to keep pulling them up whilst you’re on that treadmill.
- You’re going to need a good jacket to keep you warm before and after your time at the gym, this sport hoody from D555 is a good addition to your gym bag, made from a durable material and it looks good too!
- Finally, you’re going to need some footwear and the Comet superlight trainers are a lightweight, comfortable trainer with memory foam inner finished off with contrasting colours and an interesting design.
Gym Bag 2
- D555 Navy Sports Track Pant
- Replika North Sport Printed T-shirt Black
- Replika North Sport Fleece Black
- Adidas Supernova Glide Running TrainersFor those of you who prefer to exercise in the great outdoors rather than a gym environment, this combination is definitely more appropriate. Keeping active despite the colder temperatures, here are our slightly warmer options for sportswear.
- The Replika printed t-shirt and Replika fleece are a good choice if you are going out for a walk or a run amongst nature, both part of their sporty range they will be comfortable and easy to move in whilst you are exercising.
- The D555 sports track pants are made from 100% premium quality polyester and they even have a zipped pocket where you can keep your keys safe.
- To finish off this outfit, you are going to need a good pair of trainers. Footwear is probably the most important part of your gym wear as you need footwear that will support your feet, keep them secure whilst you are running and provide cushioning to reduce impact, it is worth investing, the Supernova Glide running trainers from Adidas are a comfortable and fitting option to add to your workout.
Now I am no personal trainer, however we have put together a few little tips to help you along your fitness journey.
Drink Plenty of Water
Keep yourself hydrated! You will lose a lot of fluid when exercising through sweating so it is important to top yourself up with plenty of water. Drink plenty throughout your average day as well as water will help to keep you feeling more full and less tempted to reach for that biscuit.
Think about where you want to be a few months down the line, set yourself a goal for the future giving yourself a target weight to reach by your target date. When you have something to focus on, you are more likely to be motivated to get what you want, think of it as a mountain, your target weight is the top of that mountain and you’re walking up towards the peak. Don’t turn around and go home, keep pushing until you reach the top and you will feel much better about yourself as a result.
Make it Enjoyable
A typical gym set-up might not be your cup of tea, but don’t let that put you off, there are loads of other ways to exercise out there, you just might have to look a little bit harder to find them. Most leisure centres will run a variety of fitness classes that you can take part in or have other facilities to allow you to try something new. Have a go at tennis, swimming or maybe an interval training class, whatever you choose, do it because you want to go not because you feel like you have to.
Some people prefer to go it alone, however if you find that you’re not very motivated to attend the gym on a regular basis, try and bring a friend or partner along with you. If you plan to meet someone else at the gym at set times each week, you will be more inclined to go, not wanting to let them down will encourage you to turn up and you can have a catch up with a friend at the same time.
Don’t go full steam ahead immediately! your body needs time to recover so don’t feel guilty about the odd few days off. Build yourself up to a level of exercise that you are comforatble with, over time you will get more used to exercise and find it much easier and from there you can push yourself a little more. Start small, aim big!
My favourite topic of conversation, although it’s already making me hungry and it isn’t quite lunch time yet. I’m not going to tell you what you should and shouldn’t be eating but I’m going to throw a few suggestions in about what food is good to eat after a workout.
Aim to make a dinner including a form of protein after a workout, focus on including eggs, chicken or salmon, there’s is plenty of options to create many different protein rich meals throughout the week so you can still have variety in your mealtimes. Protein is important to help repair muscle and recover from your workout.
I know that fruit alone isn’t a very appealing meal plan, however, if you are preparing for a workout, why not make a smoothie. Combine all your favourite fruits and juice into a blender and you have a deliciously filling pre-workout smoothie to give you energy and keep you going during your workout thanks to the carbohydrates found in fruit. Bananas and kiwis are good fruits to include in a post-workout smoothie so keep that in mind.
This suggestion is very specific, but sweet potatoes are a great addition to include in any meal a couple of times aduring the week. They are a source of carbohydrates that will also work to help the body recover after a workout and they taste pretty delicious in my opinion too! Another great thing about a sweet potato, you can mix it up a bit, one day you might have mashed sweet potato, another day you can have a jacket sweet potato or even bake them as sweet potato chips, change it each mealtime to make your meals more exciting.
Now let’s get moving!
Get prepared for the gym and create your own gym outfit combinations over on our website www.bigdudeclothing.co.uk